Sunday, July 26, 2009

New journey



As I type this I am sitting at Nathan Lee's house (youth pastor at South Hills). I just left Green Lake, Wisconsin where I was able to minister to an awesome group of students. God is doing incredible things in the lives of youth!

On the way down and across I listened to a sermon by Senior Pastor John Piper on the supremacy of Jesus Christ. One of the hard hitting statements he said was, "As Christians, we need to be salty and our saltiness will be made salty by the radical living sacrifice we become for Christ." I love this statement a lot. I have been praying that God would give me a vision for how to lead his people. I want the students I interact with to rise to the call of Christ. I pray that they will pick up their cross and follow hard after Christ. I pray that they will live as living sacrifices for the gospel and minister with saltiness.

I'm super pumped that God has led me to Pittsburgh,PA. There is a work to be down here.

13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:13-16


Be salty!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment